If you rely on the bus system to get where you are going, you will want to know the new bus schedule approved at Monday's GVRT Committee meeting:
(1) Provide later evening service on Routes 1 and 6 until 8:05PM;
(2) Provide later evening service on Route 2 until 8:35PM;
(3) Reduce later evening service on Routes 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 to 8:05PM;
(4) Reduce later evening service on Routes 4, 8, and 10 to 8:35PM;
(5) Change service hours on Route 9b to 8:15AM - 5:05PM and operate Monday through Friday only.
The changes are expected to save about $100,000, most of which is from grants.
Of that money, $30,000 is local money and will go back into the transit system to help with things like bus replacements.