GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) - A man fights a fire with a garden hose to save his house and yard.
Fire crews were dispatched to 555 28 1/2 Road around 10:45 p.m. Saturday evening.
Authorities say the man was barbequing earlier in the day, and threw away his used charcoals in a trash can by the home, igniting the fire.
Firefighters had to extinguish the remaining flames and checked the home for additional damage. Crews say the fire spread to the siding of the home.
Authorities remind residents charcoal should never be put in the trash, and should instead be disposed far away from any structures.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.