Hot coals in trashcan start house fire

By: KKCO 11 News Email
By: KKCO 11 News Email

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) - A man fights a fire with a garden hose to save his house and yard.

Fire crews were dispatched to 555 28 1/2 Road around 10:45 p.m. Saturday evening.

Authorities say the man was barbequing earlier in the day, and threw away his used charcoals in a trash can by the home, igniting the fire.

Firefighters had to extinguish the remaining flames and checked the home for additional damage. Crews say the fire spread to the siding of the home.

Authorities remind residents charcoal should never be put in the trash, and should instead be disposed far away from any structures.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 201875501 - nbc11news.com/a?a=201875501
Gray Television, Inc.