A small backyard fire gives one Grand Junction resident a startling surprise Monday morning.
The Grand Junction Fire Department received a report of smoke coming from a house at 456 N. 16th Street at 11:42 a.m., according to the fire department’s Public Information Officer Mike Page.
Six units responded, but only one unit stayed when they found out that the smoke was coming from some smoldering grass in the backyard.
Page said a faulty electrical line-- which ran outside-- had sparked a few flames in the brush.
Xcel Energy was called to fix the problem.
The crew easily put out the fire without any damage to surrounding buildings.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.