Rogue cow causes semi to roll on I-70

By: KKCO 11 News Email
By: KKCO 11 News Email

A cow causes a semi truck carrying fresh pork, of all things, to crash on I-70.

Authorities say this accident happened around 11:30 p.m. Saturday night, but this story actually started on Friday.

A truck carrying cattle rolled on Friday, freeing a bunch of cattle. Authorities managed to round up most of them, but one escaped and caused the accident with a semi driver last night. This was right around mile marker 68.

Authorities say the driver hit the cow, lost controlled and rolled his truck. He was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

• by sandman Location: gj,co on Jul 24, 2012 at 09:37 AM
    TERRORISM AT ITS FINEST ATTACKING OUR TRUCKS
  • by Yes on Jul 23, 2012 at 02:39 PM
    I heard the cow was goin' commando, also...
  • by Really on Jul 23, 2012 at 10:55 AM
    Never mind I read the article wrong, my bad
  • by Really on Jul 23, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    How can a truck carrying cattle be full of fresh pork?
  • by Seriously on Jul 23, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    So who's job is it to round up errant cattle? Obviously not the Colorado State Patrol, because they didn't do it. Obviously, not the trucker or trucking company (from the first accident) because they didn't do it. I'll bet you a fine ribeye that there are probably a few people in the Rifle to DeBeque area who would have loved to collect any errant steers and a) keep them off the roadway and b) care for them until the meet an appropriate end. But would the bureaucrats tolerate such a thing? If they did, would the nut-cases whine about preferences or cronyism? Maybe someone should have applied for a Federal grant. Just another little glimpse into the bowels of our totally jacked up society.
  • by wayne on Jul 23, 2012 at 09:32 AM
    would that rouge cow be considered a maverick?
      by Grin on Jul 23, 2012 at 10:09 AM in reply to wayne
      You could tell by the McCain for President sticker?
  • by Anonymous on Jul 23, 2012 at 06:58 AM
    I hates it when I lost controlled!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 163374416 - nbc11news.com/a?a=163374416