If you noticed a funny smell in Grand Junction on Tuesday, it was due to a gas leak.
Marconi, an odor added to Natural Gas and Propane to alert people to dangerous leaks is what some in Grand Junction and Orchard Mesa have been smelling the past couple days. It is only residue which leaked out of some propane tanks, while workers at Van Gundy's Recycling Center were crushing them.
Orchard Mesa Middle School and New Emerson School, as well as some downtown businesses were evacuated because of the leak.
It was determined that the gas was not at a hazardous level.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.