Unsafe Chimney Blamed For Fruitvale Fire

The Clifton Fire Department responded to a house fire at 592 East Valley Court in Fruitvale Saturday night. The fire broke out in the home's chimney just after 9:00.

When firefighters arrived on scene the flames had spread to the attic. The fire was under control within an hour but not before smoke damaged the house extensively. Assistant Fire Chief Greg Martin says two people and the family's dog were inside the home at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported.


KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 11799851 - nbc11news.com/a?a=11799851
Gray Television, Inc.