Fire Heavily Damages Orchard Mesa Home

By: Natalie Pallone Email
By: Natalie Pallone Email


An Orchard Mesa home catches fire, but luckily no one is injured.

The fire happened at about 8:15 p.m. Sunday night at 1930 Palmer Street.

Officials with the Grand Junction Fire Department say the resident noticed the ceiling was on fire and grabbed her two dogs and got out. The woman's cat hasn't been found.. but officials don't believe its dead they think it may be hiding.

Firefighters had to cut a hole through the roof of the home to locate the blaze. Officials believe it started in the attic and may have been electrical but are still investigating.

Because the home was so badly damaged the American Red Cross was called out to help the family find a place to stay. Damage to the home is estimated between $40,000 and $60,000.


KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 12045261 - nbc11news.com/a?a=12045261
Gray Television, Inc.