A dog is dead after a fire broke out at a Grand Junction home Friday night.
The fire happened just before 6:00 p.m. at 1330 N. 22nd. When the Grand Junction Fire Department arrived on scene the house was fully engulfed in flames. Fire fighters fought the fire from inside the home and were able to knock it out in about 20 minutes.
No one was home during the fire except for a dog who didn't survive.
Officials say the fire may have started in the kitchen and then quickly spread to other parts of the home.
The American Red Cross will be helping the three people who live at the home.
Damage is estimated at $70,000.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.