Faulty Duct Work Blamed for Fire that Destroyed Buildings

By: AP Email
By: AP Email

Durango, Colo. (AP) Authorities say faulty duct work at a restaurant caused a fire that destroyed three buildings in downtown Durango and injured firefighters.

Durango Fire and Rescue Authority Fire Marshal Tom Kaufman says improperly installed duct work allowed a fire in the Seasons Rotisserie & Grill to spread to a common attic. The three buildings that shared the attic space all burned in the Feb. 22 blaze.

Seven firefighters were taken to the hospital, including one who was blown into the air.

The fire department and insurance companies are investigating the incident.


KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 16901976 - nbc11news.com/a?a=16901976
Gray Television, Inc.