Mechanics Recovering from Flash Fire

By: KKCO Email
By: KKCO Email

Two men are recovering from burns this morning after a fire sparked in an automotive repair shop. It happened at Affordable Automotive Services on Hill Avenue just off the I–70 business loop.

Firefighters say mechanics were taking a gas tank off of a vehicle to work on it. Vapors from that tank drifted to a pilot light on a furnace and ignited, causing a flash fire.

They were able to put it out before emergency crews got there.

The fire department says the flames caused $7,500 in damages.

KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 17805799 -
Gray Television, Inc.