Firefighters say a cigarette is likely to blame for a fire that caused thousands of dollars worth of damage to a trailer home.
Just before 6:30 this evening, firefighters responded to 32 road in Clifton. Firefighters say the residents had tried putting out the fire with a bucket of water.
Crews were able to extinguish the blaze quickly.
The fire chief tells us everyone made it out of the trailer safely, but firefighters did have to rescue a very nervous cat.
Damage to the trailer is estimated at 5 thousand dollars.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.