Residents at a Grand Valley hotel had to evacuate their rooms Monday morning when a fire broke out at the Quality Inn on Horizon Drive in Grand Junction. Around 9:00 AM, the Grand Junction Fire Department responded to the motel and found a small fire in the kitchen.
Ongoing heat from a cooking stove caused the 2X4 studs in the wall to heat up and char over time. Four units from the fire department responded and were able to put the fire out quickly before it spread through the motel.
Mike Page with the G.J.F.D. says the motel did a great job evacuating all the occupants. Noone was injured, and investigators estimate the damage at $2,500.
© KKCO NBC 11 News - All Rights Reserved
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.