40 of Mesa County's highest profile employees and elected officials gathered to discuss the future of the community during a strategic planning workshop Friday. The Mesa County Strategic Plan is rewritten every two years to reflect the priorities of the newly elected officials and the changing needs of the community.
This year there are six critical areas being considered:
1) promoting a well planned and developed community
2) improving public safety
3) continuing to protect public health
4) promoting the success of families and youth
5) improving citizen satisfaction when dealing with government
6) strengthening the economy
The ideas expressed during Friday's workshop will be consolidated into a draft strategic plan which will most likely be revised before being adopted by the county sometime next month.
© KKCO NBC 11 News - All Rights Reserved
Designed by Gray Digital Media