Denver-Grand Junction police have arrested a man who alledgedly started a fire at a Grand Junction storage facility. Frederick Thompson was taken into custody last Friday on suspicion of first–degree arson in connection with an April 27th fire that destroyed 40 units at Guardian Storage.
Police say Thompson had been drinking and fell asleep in his storage unit as he smoked a cigarette. The cigarette started a fire that caused $250,000 in damages and burned Thompson's legs.
The 54–year–old is listed as a transient and is being held in the Mesa County Jail under $10,000 bond.
© KKCO NBC 11 News - All Rights Reserved
Designed by Gray Digital Media