Haz–Mat crews were called to Saint Mary's Hospital after 45 gallons of jet a fuel spilled on the helicopter landing pad. At around 2:30 this afternoon workers were filling up a gas tank when a faulty hose broke loose causing the spill. One engine from the Grand Junction Fire Department responded and was able to contain the spill before it spilled off Saint Mary's property. A clean up crew was on the scene making sure no gas spilled into Saint Mary's storm drains.
© KKCO NBC 11 News - All Rights Reserved