Fire Causes $100,000 In Damages To Redlands Home

An electronic cat litter box may be responsible for starting a fire that caused $100,000 in damages to a Redlands home Wednesday. A woman in the home called the Grand Junction Fire Department when the fire started. She had gotten out of the home by the time the fire department arrived.

It happened at 2251 Kingston Road. Firefighters found the fire had started in a stairwell and spread down a hallway to the living room. The house filled with smoke.

Which was pouring out of roof–top vents and an evaporative cooler. The cause of the fire wasn't known Wednesday afternoon,
but investigators are looking at a possible short in a self–cleaning electronic cat litter box as a possible cause.

© KKCO NBC 11 News - All Rights Reserved


KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 2060227 - nbc11news.com/a?a=2060227
Gray Television, Inc.