Fire Damages Grand Junction Home

Investigators are still working to determine the exact cause of a fire that sends a Grand Junction family into the street today. Two people were in the home when they smelled smoke and called 9–1–1.

When Grand Junction Fire Department engines crews arrived they found light smoke coming from the attic vents. Firefighters chopped a hole in the roof and discovered hot spots and burning 2x4's near a chimney fed by a fireplace and furnace.

Damage to the structure ranges from five to ten thousand dollars. Fire department officials say the origin could be electrical a problem with the flue or other unknown causes.

© KKCO NBC 11 News - All Rights Reserved

KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 2120577 -
Gray Television, Inc.