Palisade Man Injured In Gas Can Fire

A man suffers substantial burns while filling up portable gas cans in Palisade Tuesday.
According to Palisade Fire Chief Richard Rupp, the fire was caused by a static electric charge, while the man was shifting the five–gallon metal gas can around the back of this pick–up truck.
When fire units arrived on–scene, the man's hair had been singed, along with suffering burns on his face and hands.
The gas pumps or surrounding structures were not in any danger of catching fire and Rupp advises placing any gas canister on the ground before filling up or even removing the cap.


KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 2656946 - nbc11news.com/a?a=2656946
Gray Television, Inc.