The fire was contained to the home and did not threaten any other structures.
Once on scene, authorities were able to quickly extinguish the fire.
Damage to the home is estimated at $15,000.
Authorities say no one was home at the time, but a dog inside the home was killed when it was overcome by smoke. Officials say it appears the fire started in front of a furnace because clothes were placed in front of the unit.
Authorities want to remind people not place any materials that could potentially catch fire near gas or propane appliances.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.