Hot Pot Causes Fire In Apartment

A fire sweeps the kitchen of a Grand Junction apartment today, but fortunately no injuries are reported.

Grand Junction firefighters arrived at the apartment complex at 2828 Orchard Avenue just before noon to find smoke coming from the eaves of the building. Upon entering the apartment they found kitchen cabinets surrounding a stove on fire.

Captain Jamie Richardson says it's thought something may have been left on a hot stove, but the investigation is ongoing. "The knobs on the stove are melted, so we're trying to find out what was turned on and what was off on the stove."

Damages are estimated at 75–hundred dollars and was limited to the one apartment. The people living in that apartment are being moved to another apartment at this time.


KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 5093026 - nbc11news.com/a?a=5093026
Gray Television, Inc.