Space Heater To Blame For Apartment Fire


In the winter months many of us may find ourselves huddled up next to a space heater to keep warm, but fire officials warn that leaving one on when you're not around is never a good idea because it can start a fire. In fact that's' what caused a fire Wednesday night in an apartment at 540 Hill Avenue.

According to the Grand Junction Fire Department at around 9:30 Wednesday night crews saw heavy smoke coming from the second story of the building. After an investigation officials determined that an unattended space heater is to blame.

Damages to the building and it's contents are estimated at $40,000. No one was injured in the fire.


KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 5361126 - nbc11news.com/a?a=5361126