Clifton Homeowner Dies In Fire

By: Elyse Webb
By: Elyse Webb

A Clifton man is dead after a fire rips through his home. According to the autopsy, 45 year old, Alan \Wells, died from carbon monoxide inhalation.

Just after mid–night a Mesa County Sheriff Deputy was on regular patrol when he spotted flames coming from 3192 Bookcliff Avenue.
After trying to enter the home himself, the deputy reported the blaze to the Clifton Volunteer Fire Department, who responded within minutes.

Assistant Clifton Fire Department Chief, Greg Martin says, "Our initial response was to suppress the fire and we sent in a second crew into the house to look for victims. That second crew did come across that victim and because he was deceased we just left him there and reported this to the sheriff's department. Then we continued our investigation. "

Officials believe the fire was electrical and possibly caused from a lamp that was found laying on the carpet.


KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 5392566 - nbc11news.com/a?a=5392566
Gray Television, Inc.