Electrical Fire In Attic Of Pear Park Home

According to the Clifton Fire Department, the homeowner called 911 around 10:00 a.m. after he smelled smoke for more than an hour.

The man had been changing his circuit breakers, and assumed the smell came from an electrical short. Fire officials say this indeed was the case. Officials said the short caused the insulation in the attic to smolder. Although there was no smoke damage, fire officials estimate they caused about $10,000 in damage to a part of the ceiling which they had to lower in order to get access to the source.

No injuries were reported.


KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 5550836 - nbc11news.com/a?a=5550836
Gray Television, Inc.