Fire Guts Clifton Home While Family Is On Vacation

A Clifton family returns from vacation to find their home has been gutted by a fire.

A water heater is being blamed for the house fire on E.5 Road which broke out before 6:00 Tuesday morning.

Clifton fire personnel did not see any flames upon arrival, but that soon changed as crews entered the home. Firefighters say because the house had been remodeled several times the flames were able to sneak into tight spaces making it hard to fight initially.

Nobody was home at the time of the fire, and the building's landlord did confirm that the family was on vacation.

The Red Cross has been notified to assist the family. Investigators say the damage from fire, smoke and water is in excess of $250,000. That amount does not include person contents.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 8307887 - nbc11news.com/a?a=8307887
Gray Television, Inc.