Garage Goes Up In Flames For Second Time

Fire crews respond to a Grand Junction property to find a garage engulfed in flames and it's the second time the garage has caught fire in as many days.

Smoke could be seen billowing in the sky, and explosions were heard from apparent propane tanks in the garage near 24 Road and Appleton as a detached garage burned.

Officials say the garage caught fire on Thursday after a nearby wood cutter sparked. The cause of Friday's fire is most likely from a small smolder somewhere in a nook or cranny that wasn't seen by the firemen the previous day.

No one was injured in the fire.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 8367012 - nbc11news.com/a?a=8367012