GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) -- Those struggling with health issues can get a little extra help this spring.
The 9Health Fair is coming Grand Junction on April 19 and 20 and is moving to a new location this year: IntelliTec College.
During the fair, visitors can get free and low-cost health screenings for today's most critical health issues. The 9Health Fair also offers pre-draw dates from March 11 to 16; call 970-245-8101 for an appointment.
Other services at the fair include:
- Screening results-- with information on how to read your results-- mailed directly to your home or provided online for online registrants.
- Calls from volunteer doctors and nurses within 72 hours of your 9Health Fair to people if a critical health issue is discovered
- Free interpretation and translation services
- Free “Ask A Medical Question / Get A Referral” services
- Free health education from local organizations
- Free blood work vouchers for the under-served
- No social security number or personal identification required
Priced screenings are as follows:
- $30 Blood Chemistry Screening, which gives you information on your blood sugar (glucose), cholesterol, triglycerides, liver, kidney, bone and muscle function and may show warning signs of diabetes, heart disease and other concerns
- $25 Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) screening for men, which checks for prostate gland issues and cancer
- $15 Blood Count screening, which checks the health of your blood
- $40 Vitamin D screening, which measures your baseline Vitamin D level
- $25 Hemoglobin A1C screening that gives you an average blood sugar level over the past 2 to 3 months
- $20 Colon Cancer Screening Take Home Kit, which checks for colon cancer
For more information about the 9Health Fair, call 1-800-332-3078 or click the link below.