Clifton camper goes up in flames

By: News Desk Email
By: News Desk Email

CLIFTON, Colo. (KKCO) -- A family finishes final preparations to go camping and that is when they discovered their trailer was on fire.

Around 10:20 a.m., Clifton firefighters were called to the residence where the trailer was located.

According to fire officials, the owner of the camper was getting ready to drop off his animals at a friend's house before his camping trip and that is when he noticed the camper was on fire.

"We noticed some smoke, a little bit of fire, extinguished the fire. Currently at this time it's under investigation," said Todd Gettbehuet of the Clifton Fire Department.

There were no injuries and no one was inside the camper at the time of the fire. The trailer had smoke and fire damage.

The owners of the camper declined to comment.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 221952441 - nbc11news.com/a?a=221952441