Grand Junction, Colo. (KKCO) – The annual Culture Fest is scheduled for 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Saturday to show off Western Colorado’s cultural diversity.
Part of the celebration included the Color of Dreams Art show that happened last night as an opening reception. The art will be on public display at the Central Library through Nov. 29.
The point of Culture Fest is for nations and cultures to share their customs and answer questions.
Culture Fest is open to the public with no charge. The event will take place at the Central Library located at Fifth Street and Grand Avenue.
Here is the lineup of activities for Saturday, Nov. 2:
- Native American ceremonial singer, Timothy Trujillo at 11 a.m.
- Sultan’s Pride Middle Eastern Dance Troupe at 11:30 a.m.
- Colorado Mesa University Diversity Alliances at noon
- Mathias Mulumba, guitar and drums at 12:30 p.m.
- “Baile Folklorico El Valle Lindo”, Traditional folk dances from Mexico
- Absolute Dance, children’s group performs hip-hop at 1:45 p.m.
- Tango with Scott and Alice Betts at 2:15 p.m.