Fire burns Country Inns' rooms and attic

By: KKCO Email
By: KKCO Email

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) -- Several guests at the Country Inns of America were evacuated just after midnight.

An early morning fire sparked on the second floor of the Horizon Drive hotel and quickly spread into the walls and attic of the building.

Five engines and 25 firefighters worked to extinguish the flames.

They were able to contain the fire to the walls, attic and two of the hotel rooms.

A few other rooms received water and smoke damage.

The guests who were evacuated were relocated to other rooms within the hotel. No one was injured, and the blaze is still under investigation.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 177248511