GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) – The Grand Junction Fire Department responded to a report of a fire in the attic of a home at 1930 Palmer Street at 6:40 a.m. Occupants of the house said smoke was rising from the ceiling in a back room.
The fire department had 17 personnel, two ladder trucks, two engines, one ambulance, and a command vehicle.
The first unit entered the home and reported smoke in the attic of the structure. A hose was immediately brought to the back room where the fire was located. The second unit was directed to the roof for ventilation operations. The last unit accessed a fire hydrant and provided a supplemental water supply.
Firefighters quickly removed the ceiling below the area of the fire and were able to extinguish the fire in the attic.
Four adults were living in the home and have been displaced due to the fire. There were no injuries.
The fire appears to have started due to an electrical shortage in the attic. The fire is determined to be accidental.
Designed by Gray Digital Media