Garage fire started by motorcycle hospitalizes two

By: Beejal Patel Email
By: Beejal Patel Email

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) A fire broke out in the garage of a home at 614 hamlet street overnight.

Crews were able to put it out and the fire was contained to the garage.

Two people were sent to the hospital with what appeared to be serious burns.

A third patient was taken to the hospital for emotional issues.

Firefighters say it started by a gas leak from a motorcycle that created a lot of vapors - which were ignited by the flames from a hot water heater.

A total of 4 people were home at the time of the fire - all were able to escape on their own with two of them suffering burns.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 225324312 - nbc11news.com/a?a=225324312