If you rely on the bus system to get where you are going, you will want to know the new bus schedule approved at Monday's GVRT Committee meeting:
(1) Provide later evening service on Routes 1 and 6 until 8:05PM;
(2) Provide later evening service on Route 2 until 8:35PM;
(3) Reduce later evening service on Routes 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 to 8:05PM;
(4) Reduce later evening service on Routes 4, 8, and 10 to 8:35PM;
(5) Change service hours on Route 9b to 8:15AM - 5:05PM and operate Monday through Friday only.
The changes are expected to save about $100,000, most of which is from grants.
Of that money, $30,000 is local money and will go back into the transit system to help with things like bus replacements.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus