CLIFTON, Colo. (KKCO) Clifton Water received a routine shipment of chlorine and when sending back the empty cylinder, a leak of 19 pounds of gas was detected by alarms.
The Hazmat Regional Response Team along with the Clifton Fire Department responded and determined the amount of chlorine released was minimal.
Staff at Clifton Water went through an evacuation drill and used the situation to learn about what to do if the leak was big enough to cause danger.
The employee working on sending back the empty cylinder was sent to the health center at Clifton Water to be evaluated, but officials say she is doing fine.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.