House fire displaces GJ renters

By: Andie Adams Email
By: Andie Adams Email

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) – A fire engulfs a Grand Junction home, forcing the four people renting rooms there to seek shelter elsewhere for at least tonight.

The house fire happened at 2937 Wellington Avenue.

Grand Junction Fire public information officer Mike Page says the fire started outside the home then moved into the attic and spread throughout the house.

No one was home at the time, and the four pets who live there have been found safe.

The homeowner arrived on scene to assess the damage.

Five engines have been called out to extinguish the blaze.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 173539711 - nbc11news.com/a?a=173539711
Gray Television, Inc.