No injuries reported at group home after fire breaks out

By: KKCO - Email
By: KKCO - Email

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) - Tense moments at a group home Monday afternoon as a fire breaks out.

Grand Junction Fire Department crews responded to the STRIVE group home on Elm St. around 4:45 p.m. on reports of a grease fire in the kitchen.

Firefighters were able to quickly knock the blaze down, and say everyone evacuated before they arrived. Officials are praising the previous fire drills as well as fire alarms and sprinkler systems in place at the home, saying injuries and more damage were avoided as a result.

Five residents and three staff members were present in the home at the time of the fire. Damage to the home and contents is estimated to be about $8,000.

KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 212861741 -
Gray Television, Inc.