GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) -- If you haven’t mailed out your tax return yet, you’ve still got options. The Grand Junction Post Office at 602 Burkey Street will be collecting stamped envelopes until 11 p.m. to be postmarked today.
The US Postal Service offers these tips for mailing your returns properly:
- Use a regular size Number 2 envelope
- First Class postage costs 46 cents for the first ounce
- Include additional stamps for heavier envelopes: 20 cents per each additional ounce
- Use additional stamps when in doubt about the correct postage
- Double check the correct IRS address is on the envelope
- Include a return address in the upper-left corner of the envelope
Anyone with tax questions can contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or at www.irs.gov.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.