Power outage leads to heater malfunctions

By: KKCO Email
By: KKCO Email

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) - It's unclear whether a power outage caused two business heating systems to malfunction.

Authorities say there was a power outage north of Patterson Road between 12th Street and 28 1/2 Road.

The Aspen Ridge Alzheimer Care Center's heating system backed up, causing dust to blow through the vents. Staff originally thought it was smoke.

Soon after, the Mesa Manor Nursing Home was consumed in smoke after its heating and cooling system overheated. The motor had to be shut down by the fire department.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKCO NBC 11 News
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505

Station Phone: 970.243.1111
Business Fax: 970.243.1770
Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793
News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 175113971 - nbc11news.com/a?a=175113971
Gray Television, Inc.