GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) - It's unclear whether a power outage caused two business heating systems to malfunction.
Authorities say there was a power outage north of Patterson Road between 12th Street and 28 1/2 Road.
The Aspen Ridge Alzheimer Care Center's heating system backed up, causing dust to blow through the vents. Staff originally thought it was smoke.
Soon after, the Mesa Manor Nursing Home was consumed in smoke after its heating and cooling system overheated. The motor had to be shut down by the fire department.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.