KANDAHAR, Afghanistan, (AP) An Afghan official says a roadside bomb has killed at least 15 people in vehicles that had been diverted from a main road after an earlier attack in southern Afghanistan.
Local government spokesman Dawkhan Menapal says two SUVs carrying civilians were traveling on a side road after the main road was blocked following a suicide bombing targeting a convoy of NATO troops in Kandahar province.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the earlier attack on Monday but blamed international forces for the roadside bombing, saying the foreign forces were trying to hurt the reputation of the Islamic militant movement by making it look like the Taliban were killing civilians.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.