Grand Junction, Colo (KKCO) --- A fire broke out at a dumpster at Walgreens on First and Patterson Road leading to an evacuation of the whole store.
The dumpster was attached to the store, but the fire was contained quickly. Although merchandise in the store was not damaged, the warehouse had damages up to $15,000.
Authorities have yet to determine a cause, but believe it was accidental and sparked from hot coals thrown away in the dumpster without properly being put out first.
No injuries or deaths were reported.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.