Grand Junction, Colo. (KKCO) --- Teenagers have found a new and dangerous way to get high from air conditioning units.
Teens are huffing Freon by tampering with refrigerate ports on outdoor A/C systems and emptying the chemical in plastic bags.
Physicians Assistant Brandon Sanchez said the harmful effects of huffing Freon include brain mass loss, liver damage, cardiovascular issues and even death.
Eric Yost, Office Manager at Winair, said they are making efforts to enforce mandatory locks to be placed on the ports. This way, the only people that will have access to it are contractors and the home owners.
If you know someone who has huffed the chemical, call 911 immediately and until emergency medical services arrive, check the victims airway, breathing and circulation.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.