BOSTON (AP) -- Federal officials are denying that a suspect is in custody in the Boston Marathon bombings.
A law enforcement official briefed on the investigation told The Associated Press on Wednesday a suspect was in custody.
But the FBI and the U.S. attorney's office in Boston dispute that.
The official who spoke to The Associated Press did so on condition of anonymity and stood by the information even after it was disputed.
The official was not authorized to divulge details of the investigation. The official had said the suspect was expected in federal court in Boston.
Reporters and police have converged at the courthouse.
BOSTON (AP) -- A law enforcement official briefed on the investigation says a suspect has been taken into custody in the Boston Marathon bombings.
The official spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Wednesday. The official was not authorized to divulge details of the investigation.
The official says the suspect is expected in federal court in Boston.
Law enforcement agencies had earlier pleaded for the public to come forward with photos, videos or any information that might help them solve the twin bombings that killed three people and wounded more than 170 on Monday.
Investigators circulated information about the bombs, which involved kitchen pressure cookers packed with explosives, nails and other lethal shrapnel. But the FBI said nobody had claimed responsibility.
However, NBC News is reporting Federal Authorities are looking for someone - but they don't have a suspect and don't believe an arrest is in sight.
Several conflicting reports have been released this morning about a possible suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing.
KKCO 11 News is monitoring the developing situation and we'll update with information as we get it.