BOSTON (AP) -- A man bitten by a shark off Massachusetts has been released from a Boston hospital and will return home to Denver next week with a cast on one leg and bandages on the other.
Fifty-year-old Christopher Myers was attacked Monday by what is believed to be a great white shark while he and his 16-year-old son J.J. were swimming about 400 yards offshore in Truro.
Myers says he would not have swum as far from shore if he'd known about recent shark sightings off Cape Cod, or if warning signs had been posted at the beach.
He has four puncture wounds on each lower leg and had surgery to repair torn tendons.
J.J. says there was only one option after his father was bitten: "swim, swim toward shore."
(COPYRIGHT 2011 BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.)
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.