San Antonio airport evacuated after bomb threat

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- San Antonio International Airport has been evacuated after officials say they received a bomb threat alleging three packages had been left inside a parking garage.

Airport spokesman Rich Johnson said Wednesday that passengers inside the terminal were herded onto the tarmac and that arriving planes are staying parked away from the gates. San Antonio Fire Department spokeswoman Deborah Foster says she doesn't yet know whether emergency responders actually found any packages.

Johnson says the evacuation order was called at 2:35 p.m. Southwest Airlines spokeswoman Ashley Dillon said the carrier has six arriving flights on the tarmac that are waiting for clearance to roll to the gate.

Johnson didn't immediately know many passengers were inside the terminal at the time.

(COPYRIGHT 2011 BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.)


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 164650096 - nbc11news.com/a?a=164650096