Full Coverage: A Town Hall with Mitt Romney

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

Full coverage of A Town Hall with Mitt Romney.

You can see the speech as well as analysis and interviews from the KKCO 11 News team.
-------------------------------------------------
GRAND JUNCTION, COLO. (KKCO)--The parking lot was filled and people were lined outside the doors to hear what a Presidential Candidate had to say.

Romney signs lined the grass of Central High School where supporters and curious citizens were waiting to hear Romney’s speech

Some say the reason Romney is in the Grand Valley is due to the number of registered republicans and many independents who could swing his way. Others say Romney is here because President Obama had success when he spoke here in previous years.

• by Roxanne Location: Grand Junction on Jul 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    Go Brandt!! Anyone who makes less than 300,000 a year should be afraid, be very afraid of Romney. Folks who haven't read the Book of Mormon should and then make up your own mind on who will come first in considering what is "right" for our country!!
  • by Anonymous on Jul 11, 2012 at 01:00 PM
    Actually, that's exactly what it means. He requested and received 4 deferments from military service during the draft. Hence the term "Draft Dodger". At the same time he was protesting in support of the war and the draft.
      by Anonymous on Jul 11, 2012 at 10:11 PM in reply to
      Doh, have you ever seen rich guys like that going to army?
  • by Chris on Jul 10, 2012 at 09:22 PM
    The official term is Affordable Healthcare. When your reporters refer to it as ""Obama Care" you are showing your media bias.
      by Anonymous on Jul 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM in reply to Chris
      No, the most apt term is rationed healthcare. Dished out by an inept team of government officials that exempted themselves from it. With the ultimate goal of weeding out undesirables. Much like nazi eugenics. So it is pretty obvious why the left loves it....
        by D on Jul 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM in reply to
        What a load of paranoia... I'm not in government by I also exempted myself from it by purchasing the insurance in the market. Don't like the government subsidized "rationed" health insurance - get your own. The constitution doesn't give you the right to financially burden society which is civilized enough not to kick your deadbeat ars out of ER when you're dying.
          by Disgusted on Jul 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM in reply to D
          Wow, amazingly you backed in to the correct answer. We need a free market to be able to get our own insurance! Bravo!
          by D on Jul 12, 2012 at 03:45 PM in reply to D
          @Disgusted: And Affordable Care Act will make it even more competitive by allowing consumers to compare commercially available plans in established marketplace (Insurance Exchanges). Thanks for playing, I'll keep amazingly back up if you don't mind...
          by Disgusted on Jul 12, 2012 at 10:50 PM in reply to D
          That is where you logic is faulty. The government acts to restrict consumers choice, not enhance it. You always like to compare this Obummercare travesty to car insurance, erroneously so, but for the sake of brevity lets use that comparison. After I am done typing this I can go and shop online for car insurance with a great variety of companies at many different places. All of this competition takes place with little to no government involvement. Yet, the only place to "allow" consumers to compare health plans is at the Insurance Exchanges. Why is that? I think your use of the phrase "allow" speaks volumes about the nature of this travesty of a bill.
          by D on Jul 13, 2012 at 12:06 PM in reply to D
          @Disgusted: Wrong. You can go and setup your privately operated health/car/life/whatever insurance comparison service right now. Exchanges are required by government to facilitate (if you like this word better) competitive environment but in the end they don't care where and how you shop for your plan as long as you don't walk in the hospital without one. So again how is it different from liability insurance for drivers?
          by Disgusted on Jul 14, 2012 at 07:00 PM in reply to D
          And yet again, I can walk or take the bus and not have to buy car insurance. The difference is I have a voluntary choice as to if I need car insurance or not, at least at this time. I suspect in the future democrats will sneak through a bill under cover of darkness and holiday stating pedestrians must have insurance to cover the damage they are doing to car bumpers. Name just one time in past or present history the government has successfully "facilitated" anything.
          by D on Jul 16, 2012 at 07:47 PM in reply to D
          @Disgusted: Ok, take the bus. Now social security, medicare and unemployment insurance (assuming you're on payroll). You are required to pay those and you don't even have choice of provider. They are exactly the same sort of social safety net as affordable care act. Do you suggest those also should be repealed?
          by Disgusted on Jul 22, 2012 at 09:04 PM in reply to D
          @D, I understand that you desire that the loving embrace of the collective protect you from the mean old world. I don't want that. This country wasn't founded by wimps who obsess over some fictional safety net. It was founded by men and women who understood that freedom is the best choice, indeed, the only choice that is desirable. All this Obummercare bill has guaranteed is that everyone will receive shoddy, substandard care just as it is in every other country that has socialised medicine. And to answer your question, yes, I do believe that people should be given the option to take wages in lieu of the outright theft of them disguised as a "safety net." In short, I know my budget, a little tyrannical government hack goose-stepper doesn't. It is my money. Buzz off!
  • by D Location: GJ on Jul 10, 2012 at 08:11 PM
    Anti-Romney crowd here is getting as lame as crazy Obama haters. Get him on the issues, his record as the governor, inconsistencies, obvious populism. There's plenty to go after.
  • by Jo Location: GJT on Jul 10, 2012 at 04:58 PM
    The american patriot I remember was a conservative republican not the left wing fruit cake posting here.
  • by SM Location: GJ on Jul 10, 2012 at 03:23 PM
    Sounds to me like AP is an Islamic racist!!
  • by Anonymous on Jul 10, 2012 at 02:41 PM
    All hail the coward in chief, the draft dodger we all love so much!
      by Old Timer on Jul 10, 2012 at 03:57 PM in reply to
      Again, show me how Romney was a draft dodger. He went to college, went on a mission for his church, went back to college and got married. He was not called up. That does not make him a draft dodger.
        by Ben on Jul 12, 2012 at 08:43 AM in reply to Old Timer
        LDS missions are 24 months. Romney was gone for 31. Totally sounds like a guy that wanted to go to Vietnam.
        by rr on Jul 12, 2012 at 03:06 PM in reply to Old Timer
        back in my day ww11 and Korea he's a coward and No 1 draft didger
  • by Brandt Location: Nashville on Jul 10, 2012 at 01:38 PM
    Is there any doubt that a Romney administration would favor the rich and increase the income gap in our country? Mitt is a pariah in Mormon Clothing and will stop at nothing to expand an empire of greed for the rich in this country. Can his sacred Mormon underwear gain him enough donations to buy this election? See for yourself as Mitt dons his tighty-whities from the Good Lord Himself at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2012/05/mitt-romneys-magic-mormon-underwear.html
      by AmericanPatriot. on Jul 10, 2012 at 03:46 PM in reply to Brandt
      Romney’s just the figurehead; he’s the symptom of the partisan politics disease that’s running this country right into the ground and there’s not much time. And what do we get? Nose pickers!.
      by AmericanPatriot. on Jul 10, 2012 at 03:52 PM in reply to Brandt
        by Old Timer on Jul 10, 2012 at 03:59 PM in reply to AmericanPatriot.
        Patriot - you used to have some good posts but now you're getting off track with everything. Stop drinking the Kool-Aide.....
  • by Anchorman Location: Grand Junction on Jul 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM
    American Patsy, any response would only dignify your complete stupidity, you twit.
      by Taylor on Jul 10, 2012 at 03:11 PM in reply to Anchorman
  • by AmericanPatriot. on Jul 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    There were only two things missing from the “Romney Rally”. Conservatives and Tea Partiers. Yup the yellow hats were not in evidence. But I noticed all of the Commissioner Meis enablers had prime seats. That would be the Western Slope Conservative Alliance crowd. It’s easy to understand why they’re Romney supporters; because Romney isn’t conservative. And I guess you all caught that Freudian slip that Obama care will be replaced with Romney care. Here we go again with another milquetoast, moderate, Obama lite RINO candidate. I bet you don’t see those conservative and yellow Tea Party T shirts falling for the lesser of two evils choice again this next election. They will be conspicuous by their absence on the Mitt train. Just out of curiosity who was the pin head, bald head in the white shirt with the red obese face wearing glasses that kept picking his nose right behind Romney? The face did look familiar. Kind of reminded me of one of the tin foil hat Republican Party offic
      by AmericanPatriot. on Jul 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM in reply to AmericanPatriot.
      The face did look familiar. Kind of reminded me of one of the tin foil hat Republican Party officials. Nice impression RINOs. If you could only see yourselves as the rest of the world sees you; you little buggers. Cut off the rest of the post. Sorry
        by I, Me, 3000 people on Jul 10, 2012 at 12:57 PM in reply to AmericanPatriot.
        3000 people, yellow, I, GJ Result(s), WSCA, I, Bailey, Tipton, Rhino, I, not elected,I, me, party bosses, Konola, me, I Crusty, conservative, Dennis, unelected board, false charges, I, me, crewcut, blah blah blah boring yawn..get a life AP
          by AmericanPatriot. on Jul 10, 2012 at 01:24 PM in reply to I, Me, 3000 people
          Ah, there he is! The nose picker himself. Must have just been playing possum.
          by crewcut on Jul 10, 2012 at 02:15 PM in reply to I, Me, 3000 people
          There he goes again, (I, me,3000) when he can't come up with any real ideas or facts he just starts going in circles.I really believe he is not sure who he is and he seems to have a real fixation on AP. He is becoming paranoid thinking AP is behind every bush and post. I fear for his sanity and the MCRP should keep a real close eye on him. Maybe they can get him treatment before he goes over the edge and takes the party with him.
          by Bueller on Jul 10, 2012 at 02:39 PM in reply to I, Me, 3000 people
          Was wondering when the bobble head that was slobbering all over Romney's back was going to show and whoops there he is.
          by I, Me, 3000 people on Jul 10, 2012 at 03:07 PM in reply to I, Me, 3000 people
          No guys, just a biased observer of human nature, and you folks are certainly memorable for your redundant tenacity in pursuing some long ago heyday of glory. Like those that remember that winning touchdown and then never do one more thing with their lives, but there was that winning touchdown....who cares?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 161955365 - nbc11news.com/a?a=161955365