Trump: Getting to know Romney led to endorsement

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Donald Trump has confirmed that he will endorse Mitt Romney’s GOP presidential bid. He says he made the decision after getting to know Romney after meeting with him several times in the past few months.

He also cited Romney’s performances in presidential debates and his tough stance on China as reasons.

Trump was set to announce his support for the Massachusetts governor Thursday afternoon in Las Vegas.

He confirmed the endorsement while speaking with reporters gathered at his Las Vegas hotel for the announcement.

Trump has said negative things about Romney in the past. But he said his comments were a reflection of not knowing Romney well enough.

Trump also said he would not run for president as an independent if Romney becomes the GOP nominee.

(COPYRIGHT 2012 BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.)

• by Anonymous on Feb 2, 2012 at 01:39 PM
    WHO CARES ????? WOW The Donald needs and ego check...
  • by Anonymous on Feb 2, 2012 at 01:29 PM
    Seems like the Donald likes the draft dodger Romney, but I guess the donald got medical deferments from Vietnam. So I guess chickenhawks of a feather, swoon over each other.
  • by Laughing on Feb 2, 2012 at 01:19 PM
    What a dummy. Nobody takes the hair piece seriously. It's like Allan giving Ken an endorsement. At least Newt has a pulse.
      by Anonymous on Feb 2, 2012 at 02:06 PM in reply to Laughing
      unfortunately newt is a draft dodger as well. Great choices the GOP is ramming down our throats.
        by Laughing on Feb 2, 2012 at 03:46 PM in reply to
        I agree. It's like the Republicans got together and decided who would make the worst candidate possible--eight total losers to choose from. I'm staying home come November. If Obama wins because of it, so be it. Maybe they'll get the message inside the beltway.
          by Anonymous on Feb 2, 2012 at 05:13 PM in reply to Laughing
          I hear you, I am tempted to write in Ron Paul, but a write in vote for Ron Paul is a vote for BO and staying home is also a vote for BO. So, I guess we have to search deep to determine, should I vote for a draft dodger or a socialist, I suppose it amounts to how bad you hate BO, I hate BO but am not thrilled with moron draft dodger, oops I mean a mormon draft dodger. Maybe just vote for the rich white guy draft dodger. Thanks GOP for isolating the independent vote.
          by Anonymous on Feb 2, 2012 at 05:27 PM in reply to Laughing
          "I'm staying home come November." So you must be one of those who gets a freebie every month. Go ahead stay home and you will get your check for 4 more years. And the low low price you pay for freebie? Just your freedoms.
          by Anonymous on Feb 2, 2012 at 06:36 PM in reply to Laughing
          I don't know what is funnier, your comment or your inability to realize that it does not matter who you vote for on the western slope. The front range decides who gets the electoral votes for Colorado. It would not matter if the entire western half of Colorado was red, the population centers of the front range are notoriously blue and that is where the electoral college vote comes from. And you know, BO is the darling of the front range. That begs the question, should we elect by popular vote (most votes wins?) hell yes. Is it all fixed from jump street? hell yes. Do you need to insult to make you feel like a big person? obviously. If you don't like the message or someone else's free speech, you result to insults and insinuation. You probably think people on welfare and unemployment are living high on the hog, in tall cotton. Who would want to live like that anyway on 1K per month? Perhaps before you pull the party line or reuse lame arsed "talking points" you should take a hard look at your own party, are they in it for you? Do they represent you? Do you realize that both parties are utter failures? That your broken party is so much better than the other broken party? I think you have no clue in that regards, just keep waving your party flag, speaking the talking points, Rome is burning. You have 2 choices, a socialist or a draft dodger. I am betting you just love the draft dodger. It is a crying shame that we would even allow the Commander and Chief of the military and the free world to have been a draft dodger. I know we set a precedence with the draft dodging Clinton. But I say, no more draft dodgers, no more socialist. No more D BS, no more R BS.
          by Laughing on Feb 2, 2012 at 09:16 PM in reply to Laughing
          I don't like it anymore than you do. The people inside have nothing in common with rank-and-file Republicans, which means they have to go. Newt is right on about that, but he won't get the nod because he's not supposed to. We're supposed to get in line and vote for who we're told. Enough is enough. I will not vote for Mitt Romney.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138586644 - nbc11news.com/a?a=138586644