Cortez, Colo. (AP) A Colorado man has sued Wal-Mart, saying he got sick from salmonella-tainted peppers purchased at one of its stores.
The lawsuit, filed Friday in state court, says Brian Grubbs of Dolores tested positive for salmonella and blames jalapenos purchased at a Cortez Wal-Mart about June 26.
Colorado health officials have said a jalapeno sold at the store at about that time tested positive for salmonella but declined to confirm it was the same case.
Wal-Mart officials say they cannot comment on the suit because they haven't seen it. They say they quickly removed products from shelves when told about health officials' concerns.
The suit seeks unspecified damages from Wal-Mart and an unknown company that supplied the jalapenos to Wal-Mart.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.