Woman Dies; High Levels of Carbon Monoxide Found

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

Denver (AP) One woman is dead and another has been hospitalized after authorities found high levels of carbon monoxide at an apartment complex near the University of Denver.

Denver’s Chief Deputy Coroner Michelle Weiss-Samaras says 23-year-old Lauren Johnson died Monday after being taken from a third-floor unit at Josephine Place Apartments.

Authorities say a woman called 911 shortly before 5 p.m. Monday saying she felt woozy.

Firefighters discovered the woman groggy when she answered the door. A woman in a nearby apartment was found unconscious.

Both were taken to a hospital, where Johnson died.

Denver Fire Department Lt. Phil Champagne says concentrations of carbon monoxide were as high as 1,500 parts per million, and that 1,200 parts per million can be fatal.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 37145514 - nbc11news.com/a?a=37145514