Aspen, Colo. (AP) A Pitkin County Sheriff’s investigator says a plastic pipe that should have been connected to a gas-fired water boiler was the reason for a carbon-monoxide leak that killed a family of four in Aspen.
Investigator Brad Gibson says the leak was in a utility room but it spread to through the home on Nov. 28. The family had won a weekend vacation at the Aspen home through a fundraiser.
Killed were Parker Lofgren, 39, Caroline Lofgren, 42, and their children, 10-year-old Owen and 8-year-old Sophie.
Officials are not saying whether the home had a carbon-monoxide detector and Gibson says investigators are trying to determine how the pipe came undone.
State lawmakers this session will consider whether all homes should be required to have carbon-monoxide detectors.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus